Evie and the Animals Tree-Planting Promotion
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the promotion ‘plant one tree for every ten copies of Evie and the Animals paperback sold’ that is running on https://canongate.co.uk/evie-and-the-trees, Twitter, and Instagram.
- For every ten copies of Evie and the Animals paperback (ISBN 9781786894311) sold in the first month of publication in the United Kingdom, Canongate Books (‘The Promoter’) will donate the cost of planting one tree in the Amazon Rainforest to One Tree Planted ('The Organisation'). The cost of planting one tree with One Tree Planted is taken as 1 dollar or 77 pence on 19th February 2020.
- The number of copies of Evie and the Animals paperback sold in the first month of publication (20th February 2020 to 20th March 2020) will be calculated via Nielsen Bookscan. As Nielsen Bookscan are not able to give sales figures between two exact dates, The Promoter will take the sales figures from Saturday 15th February and Saturday 21st March.
- In the event of The Promoter selling a number of Evie and the Animals paperback that is not divisible by the number ten, they will round up to the nearest ten.
- Proof of purchase is not necessary.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the organisation that they use to plant trees with, as well as the location of where the trees will be planted.
- In exceptional circumstances the Promoter maybe required to terminate, amend or withdraw this promotion and/or these terms and condition.
- The Promoter will make the number of trees planted and the report about where the trees have been planted available on request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (please state EVIE AND THE TREES in the subject heading, such request to be received within 10 weeks of the end of the promotion: 20.03.20).
- Canongate takes no responsibility for the actions of third parties involved in the promotion.
Promoter(s): Canongate Books Ltd (company number:152259) whose registered office address is at 14 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TE.